- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 1 cup of water
- 2 cups of vegetables oil
For the filling Anything of your choice…. such as, chicken, smoke herring, and beef etc. however I use…
- Hot Dog (Cut in dices)
- Boiled egg
- spicy slaw (pikliz) susbribe for the recipe.
1. Prepare your filling
2. Pour your flour in a large bowl
3. Add salt in water taste it make sure it’s not salty.
4. pour in your salt water as you mix with a large spoon.
5. Mold the dough with your hands.
7.Make sure that it is not too flat and definitely not too thick.
8.cut out two small pieces .
9.Add the filling on one of the cut out pieces then, use the other piece to cover your filling and pressing on the ends of the dough to make sure it’s close properly with a fork.
10.Add oil in a deep fry pan and add your patties, cook until browned.
Bon appétit !!!!
PUMPKIN SOUP (Soup Joumou)
What you will need:
8-12 oz of beef (desired meat)
1 1/2 cup of pumpkin & butternut squash puree
(as use in this recipe or just pumpkin, your choice)
1/3 cup of carrot
1/4 cup of celery
1/2 cup of potato
1/3 cup of turnip
1/4 cup of chopped bell pepper
1/2 cup of Rigattoni (or your choice of pasta)
1. Season your meat and cook it for 25-30 minutes.
We used our Haitian spice, if you would like to know how to make it please subscribe.
2. Cut the pumpkin and squash and boil in a separate pot until soft. Then puree it and set it to the side. Be sure to keep the left over water from the pumpkin on the side for later use. Cut the other vegetables medium to large pieces and set to the side
3. Once your meat is soft:
Add carrots, celery, turnip and cook for another 5-10 minutes
Add 2 cups of that pumpkin broth to cook the vegetable.